- Resident docs, together with a feminine physician, have been assaulted by the relative of a affected person yesterday
- With the announcement of strike, the resident docs have additionally put forth their 5 calls for
- This isn’t the primary time docs have gone on a strike in protest towards bodily assault
Resident docs at Delhi’s Woman Hardinge Medical School on Thursday introduced ‘withdrawal from all providers’, in view of the bodily assault with a number of on-duty resident docs. The event comes after resident docs, together with one feminine physician, have been assaulted by the relative of a affected person on Wednesday.
“Such brutal and inhuman behaviour with life saviours just isn’t acceptable. So, we resident docs are withdrawing from all providers (Routine in addition to emergency) with instant impact”, learn the letter from the Resident Physician’s Affiliation of LDMC.
The docs have put forth their 5 calls for —
- Establishment of FIR with the arrest of all culprits with instant impact
- Registration of instances underneath The Delhi Medicare Service Establishments (Prevention of Violence and injury to property) Act 2008
- Appointment of separate bouncers for every excessive threat and weak areas
- Formation of a Fast Response Group with instant impact
- Strict implementation of 1 patient-one relative protocol in hospitals
In the meantime, the Federation of Resident Docs’ Affiliation (FORDA) India condemned the alleged assault on the on-duty docs in Kalawati Saran Kids’s Hospital underneath Woman Hardinge Medical School and demanded stringent motion towards the culprits.
“Assault on On-duty #Docs in Kalawati Saran Kids’s Hospital (@LHMCDelhi) in #NewDelhi! Strongly condemning the incident, #FORDA calls for strict motion towards the culprits. #CentralDoctorsProtectionAct is the necessity of the hour!! @mansukhmandviya @AmitShahOffice @rdalhmc @ANI,” tweeted FORDA on Wednesday.
(With inputs from ANI)